Hope your day has been going well. Lots of things going on around the city and inside our organization. I hope you are well and staying safe. As I hear about some of our team members finding themselves ill and isolated or exposed and quarantined, I'm reminded about how this pandemic is impacting us in so many ways.
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 5,715,567 cases with 176,617 fatalities.
Utah: 49,767 cases (up 403 from yesterday); 2,969 hospitalizations; 397 deaths (up 28 from yesterday)
Utah County: 10,316 cases (up 129 from yesterday); 486 hospitalizations; 45 deaths (up 2 from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Governor Herbert visited St George after they city declared a state of emergency following a severe storm that caused flooding and even sinkholes. Damages have been estimated to be nearly half a million dollars. Having been through a couple of these kinds of storms and floods in my career - in the Midwest - I know how challenging these can be for a community and for a city government.
- The National Weather Service has come out with a report for Fall in Utah, and are predicting temperatures to be warmer than average, with a chance for below-average precipitation for the state. We need the water from this winter's snowpack, so keep sending good thoughts in that direction to Mother Nature.
- The Utah Museum of Fine Arts is opening its doors again tomorrow, Wednesday August 26th after being closed for over 5 months. They have adopted several safety precautions and plan on ensuring all health and safety requirements are met.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Met with Provo residents
- Held a meeting with the public works director
- Met new City employees
- Met as vice-chair of the Utah County Covid-19 Economic Recovery Committee
- Participated in a meeting with a developer
- Met with golf course representatives
- Held a meeting with concerned citizens
- Met with her executive team
- Participated in special City Council Meeting
FUN STUFF
So, during the early stage of the pandemic when I was mostly working from home, I actually found myself doing well with diet and exercise. I hardly ever got out of the house other than to walk the dog or do yardwork. So, this wasn't my experience, but I know lots of folks who have been fighting the Covid-15 (pounds gained during the pandemic). Here is what one woman did to motivate herself to stay away from the refrigerator. Honestly, I have been impressed with the creativity and skill of folks - singing, video editing and sharing their talents with others.
Have a great rest of the day. More news tomorrow about this evening's special Municipal Council meeting considering an ordinance on face masks in public in Provo, and other news you can use.
Wayne
Have a great rest of the day. More news tomorrow about this evening's special Municipal Council meeting considering an ordinance on face masks in public in Provo, and other news you can use.
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.