UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Protests continue in light of the leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court on abortion rights. The US Senate took steps to provide stronger security for the SCOTUS justices.
- The first Red Flag warning of 2022 has been issued due to extreme wildfire danger in southern Utah.
- The Congressional Medal of Honor will be bestowed on Benjamin Berell Ferencz, an Army veteran who served as chief U.S. prosecutor at the Nuremberg war crimes trials following World War II.
YOUR VOICE
One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive. So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the left, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below! We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT
The Mayor recently received an email from a visitor to Provo who had a great experience with our fire and police department teams (as well as with Utah Valley Hospital staff). I thought I would share his email with you. In so many ways, this is what it means to be part of Team Provo, and to go the extra mile for our customers and residents.
On Feb 12, 2021 my wife and I pulled into an RV campground after a long drive with the intention of leaving in the morning. Unfortunately I had a heart attack that derailed some of those plans. Fortunately we were in Provo, UT. As a retired anesthetist I am very aware of how medical care works. From the moment my wife called 911 to the successful cardiac stent placement everything went like clockwork. I’m certain there are very few places I could have been where the outcome would’ve been better.
The ambulance was at our camper in 4 minutes! The EMTs were professional, competent, efficient, and friendly. They did everything quickly and well. Had me in the ambulance and properly treated in record time. Just what any person in a medical emergency would want. Once at Intermountain Hospital the care was phenomenal.
Here, however, is a central part of our care that we wish to thank you for. Once my ambulance left my wife was left at a campground we’d been at for an hour, in the dark. The pickup was still attached to the camper. The firemen called the police and the two of them unhitched our pickup and the fire truck led Kim to the hospital!! What this meant to my wife in this very stressful evening is immeasurable. When we tell this story to friends and relatives they are amazed. You should be aware of what a fantastic Emergency Medical service and personnel you have in Provo.
FUN STUFF
So, this is a bit out of the ordinary, but I love this story. I have loved baseball as long as I can remember (attending an Oakland A's game in their heyday was as good as it got growing up), When I was in Ogden, the City built the downtown ballpark for the Ogden Raptors, and I thought the owners had nailed the concept of baseball as entertainment. But this minor league team in Georgia has taken it to an entirely new level. And best of all, there is an amazing backstory! Maybe I will share that inspiring story in a future update.
I hope you have a great day. Let us know how we are doing with the Daily Update by sharing a comment!
Wayne

I love the daily updates and read every one. Thank you, Wayne, for all the effort you put into it! I also feel like I've gotten to "know" you a bit and you seem like a wonderful person. <3
ReplyDelete