Happy Tuesday. Today the Council holds its first work meeting focused on the more global issues in the Mayor's proposed tentative budget. They will be reviewing all of the supplemental requests from city departments and how the Administration proposes to address them. They will also be looking at revenue forecasts, employee counts, property tax history, and budgets in departments not in the General Fund. More work meetings will follow over the next few weeks as they learn more about the proposed budget and explore their own priorities.
Tomorrow morning at 9:30 we will be having a media event to talk about the City's My Hometown initiative. This is a program that is very exciting and has the potential to really make a difference in some of our areas that need some additional resources to be successful and to build some neighborhood resilience. We appreciate our partnership with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, many volunteers., and the neighbors and community leaders involved. A big shout-out as well to Tara Riddle and Dixon Holmes who are the city's liaisons with this program.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Orem Jive Spring Concert I May 13 - May 14
Thousand Trees Initiative Kick-off | May 21
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- 192,000 businesses and $9.67 billion in economic activity: What a report says about Google’s impact in Utah.
- Moms and dads experience burnout differently. Learn about that and why it’s never good for the kids.
- One of the challenges of the western states' extended drought is the drop in the depth of Lake Mead, which has resulted in finding several previously submerged bodies. Is there a connection to the rumored Las Vegas mob?
YOUR VOICE
Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!
TUESDAY TIP
Learn more about what fun really means
Genuine fun is a "confluence of three psychological states: playfulness, connection and flow," says Catherine Price. Fun doesn't have to only come in good times, as it can be "a tool that we can tap into to help ourselves weather the challenges that life may present us with," Price says.
FUN STUFF
Some of you will remember that I almost always bite off more than I can chew in my raised bed gardens in the back yard. I'm not sure what of these prototypical gardeners I most resemble - maybe you should be the judge. My wife actually might know the answer - but I'm not sure I want to find out her view.
Hope you have a great day. You deserve it!
Wayne

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.