We are at Thursday, which is always a good thing for our 4/10 working city employees. However, for many of us, 4/10 is more of a wish than a reality. I find myself having more and more remote meetings with outside stakeholders and groups on Fridays. But overall, I am a big fan of the 4/10 schedule.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, I am the only Mayor's office staff member who got fired from my first teenage job. It's a long and sad tale. But that probably explains why I didn't pursue a career in grounds-keeping, and why I have great appreciation for those who did!
Oh, and in case you were wondering, I am the only Mayor's office staff member who got fired from my first teenage job. It's a long and sad tale. But that probably explains why I didn't pursue a career in grounds-keeping, and why I have great appreciation for those who did!
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 4,802,491 cases with 157,631 fatalities.
Utah: 42,915 cases (up 587 from yesterday); 2,554 hospitalizations; 330 deaths (up 3 from yesterday)
Utah County: 8,434 cases (up 163 from yesterday); 388 hospitalizations; 37 deaths (up 1 from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- BYU plans to open their football season on Monday September 7th with an away game against the U.S. Naval Academy.
- The American Red Cross is hosting a blood drive in Provo on Wednesday, August 12th, between 12pm and 6 pm.
- As many have returned and are returning to work, the need to stay safe is important. US News compiled a list of 17 things we can do to stay healthy while we go out, including washing masks regularly, touching as few surfaces as possible, carrying disinfecting wipes or hand sanitizer.
pROVO Policy Update
In an effort to help encourage safe practices, Mayor Kaufusi has changed the mask policies in city buildings, and has a fun little gift for all full time employees to help with this endeavor.


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Participated in the Municipal Council Leadership Meeting
- Held a committee meeting on the new City Center building
- Met on building and developments for the city with a local developer and members of the City team
- Held a strategy meeting about upcoming projects for the city
- Participated in a MPO (Metropolitan Planning Organization) Regional Planning Committee meeting to discuss transportation projects in Utah County
FUN STUFF
I mentioned some time ago that I love Billy Joel. So a week or so ago I ran across this A Capella cover of For the Longest Time, with lyrics adjusted for the Covid-19 pandemic. It is performed by a group of Canadian musicians and recorded by the Phoenix Chamber Choir. It is well worth the listen - great message and excellent vocals!
Have a great weekend for those who are not working this weekend. Actually - even if you are working, have a great weekend. We'll look forward to connecting again next Monday!
Wayne
Have a great weekend for those who are not working this weekend. Actually - even if you are working, have a great weekend. We'll look forward to connecting again next Monday!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.