Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January 5 2020 Update

Happy New Year!  It is great to be back at work.  As is often the case when I am using annual leave, I work on home projects quite a bit, so it is in some ways easier to be back to work!  While I am optimistic about 2021, I suspect it will be slow going to get to normal.  Patience is a virtue, and I think we will all need to become a bit more virtuous these next 6 months or so.

It was exciting today to participate in the topping off ceremony for the new city hall and public safety building project.  Thanks to everyone who came to sign the topping off beam!  It is fun to see the building take shape!  Another 16 months or so, and we will be about ready to move.

CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 20,732,404 cases with 352,464 fatalities.
Utah:  288,951 cases; 11,356 hospitalizations;1,312 deaths; 55,981 vaccines administered
Utah County:  70,334 cases; 1,914 hospitalizations; 220 deaths

NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA











THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:





  • Spoke at the new City Hall topping off ceremony
  • Met with the employee team working on the redevelopment proposals for the current city center block
  • Met with representatives from the Legal department
  • Participated in City Council Work meeting
  • Participated in City Council meeting

FUN STUFF

This was a fun little video done by 200 physicians across the nation of Canada recorded remotely during November and December 2020.  It was a great way to begin 2021 for me.  I hope you will get a little sense of optimism about what we have and where we can see the positive in a difficult time.


Let's keep working together to make 2021 an exceptional year for our organization and for each other!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...