Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 31 2021 Update

So, my wife has been out of town visiting grandkids in Chicago the last week and returns home this evening.  So it has just been our dog and me at home.  Julie and I are both grateful to have received the Covid-19 vaccine and while we are still taking precautions, it is nice to know that we are a bit safer than we have been and that there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.  And I even kept the house in one piece and the dog alive and well while she has been gone.  And it will be really nice to have her home this evening, but I am a bit nervous about being able to find her in the new SLC airport.  


CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 30,213,759 cases with 548,162 fatalities.
Utah:  385,641 cases (up 514 from yesterday); 15,525 hospitalizations; 2,122 deaths (up 4 from yesterday)
Utah County:  92,952 cases (up 87 from yesterday); 2,523 hospitalizations; 365 deaths (no change from yesterday)

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is National Tater Day, Manatee Appreciation Day, National Crayon Day, National Prom Day, and National Bunsen Burner Day. If you try to combine those it might be one interesting party.
  • For those travelling for Spring Break, UDOT has issued a traffic warning noting probable delays. They recommend planning to factor delays into your commute time.
  • There are currently 3 wildfires burning in the state of Utah, which is a bit of an early start for fire season this year.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA








THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Met to discuss the current drought
  • Held a meeting on infrastructure and affordable housing and transportation
  • Participated in a meeting with Police
  • Filmed a video for Provo Kindness week
  • Met with a Provo City organization
  • Toured the new golf course with all of its recent upgrades
  • Held a few meetings with department directors
  • Met with her executive team
  • Talked with several concerned citizens
  • Visited with Tony Thomas, owner of Modern Shoe in downtown Provo who is retiring after a long career

FUN STUFF


It has obviously been a long time since I transitioned from my youth to adulthood (however, if you ask my grandkids, they would tell you they don't think I ever really grew up).  Despite that, I had to laugh at this little comedy sketch helping a young man get oriented to adulting in today's world.


I hope your day has been great, and we will touch base again tomorrow.  Take care and stay safe.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...