Monday, May 24, 2021

May 24 Update

It has been a very busy day today, and starting a new week always brings new possibilities.  The one new possibility that I wasn't counting on today was the letter we received from Chief Rich Ferguson announcing his decision to retire from the Provo Police Department effective July 1, 2021.  It was a bit like getting the wind knocked out of me.  Chief Ferguson has been without question one of the very finest police chiefs with whom I have worked in my career.  I will personally miss him immensely, but wish him as Sally well in this new chapter in their life.




CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 32,947,548 cases with 587,342 fatalities.
Utah:  404,625 cases; 16,679 hospitalizations; 2,292 deaths
Utah County:  96,663 cases; 2,677 hospitalizations; 393 deaths

NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA








THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Met with the Police Chief
  • Held a meeting with the Fire Chief
  • Participated in a meeting with the Facility Services Manager 
  • Held a meeting with Mayor's office staff
  • Participated in a communications strategy meeting
  • Met with the Deputy Mayor
  • Held a meeting with her executive team
  • Met with the CAO
  • Participated in a meeting on power
  • Held a meeting on businesses in Provo

FUN STUFF

I don't know if you have seen the YouTube phenom Poppin' John, but this guy has talent!  It takes talent and discipline to do what he does and how he does it.


Hope you have a great rest of your day.  Stay well and stay safe!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...