Thursday, July 8, 2021

July 8 2021 Update

Tonight the NBA Finals continue.  Wish I was rooting for the Jazz (grrr), but I love watching good basketball, and this series seems to be that.

I also was on a Zoom call today with the student body president at Colorado State University and the student body president at BYU to talk about what Provo and Fort Collins have been doing to create a student-friendly community.  It was a delight to talk with Paul Victor who has some great ideas.  We have some work to do to make it better, but Paul I think reflected the views of many students that with services like the UVX line, we have been making great strides.  Now, if we could only solve towing and booting, students would really love living in Provo!




CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 33,604,986 cases with 603,958 fatalities.
Utah:  418,321 cases (up 668 from yesterday); 17,727 hospitalizations; 2,389 deaths (up 2 from yesterday)
Utah County:  99,456 cases (up 134 from yesterday); 2,841 hospitalizations; 408 deaths (no change from yesterday)

NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA








THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Is out of the office

FUN STUFF

Today's installment of my favorite memes for the week.









I hope we all feel a little like Steve Jobs, because we are doing something wonderful today for our community.  Hope you have a great weekend!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...