Tuesday, August 3, 2021

August 3, 2021 Update

Welcome to Tuesday!  It is the first city council day in August, which means that it is also the day for our monthly directors' meeting.  Today we had a presentation from the Provo City School District CAPS program, a discussion about the upcoming United Way Day of Caring and the associated 20 year remembrance of September 11.  We also talked about more mundane issues like the city's liability insurance coverage, budget carryovers, and computer equipment replacement policies.  But it is always good to get the Mayor's Office staff and the directors together - it reminds me about how diverse our services are and how excellent our directors' group is at working with you to offer the highest quality services possible to our residents
.  


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Cool Science: Ice Cream Demonstration I August 10 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Learn It: Canning 101 I August 10 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I August 12 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Crochet Club: Bags I August 12 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Tween Academy: Jade Mountain Academy I August 21 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I August 21 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

YOUR VOICE

Here's another little gentle reminder to fill out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the right, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.  


NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Utah's own 'singing police officer' is sharing his talents to raise awareness on the importance of making connections with youth.
  • Wondering what colleges in Utah will look like this coming fall? Here's a look into what some of them are doing this year. BYU has its own policies as well, but hasn't announced them for the new year.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






TUESDAY TIP

Feeling sad, stressed or overwhelmed? Here are a couple ideas for a quick work pick-me-up:

FUN STUFF

Little known fact about me.  During my teenage years I was something of an amateur magician.  Card tricks and disappearing scarfs at birthday parties and neighborhood socials were somewhat common.  But I could never find a good magician's assistant.  My younger sisters sometimes tried, but they left a lot to be desired.  When I saw this Studio C sketch, it reminded me of why it is hard to find a good assistant, and why I didn't make stage magic my day job.  


Thanks again for all you do!  I hope you have a great day and another evening of watching Olympic events!


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...