Wednesday, February 9, 2022

February 9 2022 Update

Budget development for the next fiscal year is in full swing.  It is always an interesting process to try to balance meeting needs with resources that never seem to grow quickly enough.  I'll spend a bit more time next week talking about the process in general and try to bring a little more transparency to how the Administration works through the process to deliver a budget recommendation to the Council the first week in May every year.  

Isaac and I had a very interesting conversation this morning with a Utah County legislator who is working on a bill that could potentially impact cities.  He was very forthcoming about his interests, the various pressures he was trying to balance and he collaborated with us quite openly about ways to not negatively impact cities while still accomplishing what he hoped.  We are really fortunate to have some excellent legislators to work with, and we appreciate that far more often than not, we can work together to get to win-win.

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

BYU Cougarettes in Concert I February 9 - February 12
Valentine's Ball I February 12 6:00 pm
Crochet Basics I February 15 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Scarves I February 15 7:00 pm
Learn It: Build Your Bucket List I February 15 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I February 17 6:30 pm
West Side Story and YA Utah Valley Symphony I February 17 - February 18
Fairy Tea Ticket Sales I February 19 9:00 am
Provo City Library Writing Group I February 19 1:00 pm
Teen Takeover I February 19 6:30 pm
Sherma Andrews Concert I February 19 7:30 pm
MUOTeen 2022 I February 25 - February 26

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Carmakers are aiming for carbon neutrality and operations on green energy.
  • Researchers at several institutions in the US have enrolled more than 32,000 pet dogs in the Dog Aging Project, a long-term study of how environmental, genetic and lifestyle factors affect aging in dogs and, potentially, in humans. Scientists say the study could help advance veterinary and human medicine.
  • Researchers took a closer look at "never-COVID" people. Potential reasons for why some people never get COVID-19 despite being exposed to it include previous infections with a similar virus to SARS-CoV-2 and vaccination status.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

We can't wait to hear all of your fun adventures and work and life highlights!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

Tell us your fun Valentine's Day plans and share some ideas with those last-minute planners!

FUN STUFF

So, Julie and I are spending way too much time watching winter olympic competitions right now.  Last night we stayed up way too late watching the qualifying runs in the snowboard half pipe competition, especially interested in watching Shaun White's runs.  Shaun is a triple medal winner and has competed in four Olympics.  He is 35 years old, which makes him the "senior" on the snowboard circuit.  This little video shows his two runs last evening in the qualifying round.  If you didn't see this, you will find that he had a terrible score his on first run, but he regrouped as only he could do and had a phenomenal second run that got him qualified for the final round.  He really is an inspiration, especially to some of us old guys who have maybe lost a step or two, but still hope to keep coming back! 



I hope you have a great rest of your day.  We'll be back tomorrow with a few Super Bowl thoughts.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...