Tuesday, June 7, 2022

June 7, 2022 Update

Happy Tuesday.  It is City Council day, and budget review is the order of the day.  Council members will be looking at lots of stats today including comparative data on general fund expenditures, tax and fee rates, various key budget issues, and their own priorities.  This ends up being one of the most important meetings of the year as they work to solidify the budget for the new fiscal year.

This morning we met in our monthly meeting with department directors and took at look at some policy revisions related to safety and accident review and investigation.  We also previewed the plans for the grand opening of the new city hall, and heard a report from Gene Nelson about the library's new "outreach van" which will help bring library resources to residents in every neighborhood in the City.  So many exciting things happening!

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Steel Magnolias I May 5 - May 28
Utah COPA POP Concert I May 23 7:30 pm
Studio K Dance Recital I May 24 7:00 pm
Studio 1 Solo Showcase I May 26 4:00 pm
Studio 1 Spring Recital I May 26 7:00 pm
Provo Pioneer Village I June 6 5:00 pm
Movies in the Park: Shrek 2 I June 6 8:00 pm
No Pressure Book Group I June 7 7:00 pm
Jive Spring Concert: Riverton I June 10 - June 11
Provo Touch-A-Truck I June 11 11:00 am
Movies in the Park: Sing 2 I June 13 8:00 pm
Movies in the Park: Hercules I June 20 8:00 pm
Provo Market I July 23 10:00 am
The Tom Proctor Band I June 24 7:30 pm
Ammon and Liahona I June 25 6:00 pm
Motown & More I July 1 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Stephanie Jenkins got married and is now Stephanie Bailey!! Congratulations to the beautiful bride!

   

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

How "optimistic realism" can improve communication 

Improve communication with your team by using positive words, especially during stressful situations, and practice "optimistic realism" that remains open to others' perspectives "without blindly believing everything they say," writes Kate Nasser. "If you are closed off from the start, you have little chance of uncovering anything new," Nasser writes.

FUN STUFF

I think you all know that I really enjoy musical theater, and especially those that are well written and with great memorable music.  If you aren't familiar with the Pirates of Penzance, you should be.  This is one of the best numbers in the musical.  Just a little sample of how awesome this musical is.






Hope you have a great day.

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth VanDerwerkenJune 8, 2022 at 9:01 AM

    Beautiful photos, Stephanie! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...