It is the end of the work week for many of us today, and a weekend will be welcome! Some of my recent meetings have included discussions on water rights and the drought, which is certainly top of mind for all of us.
I appreciate all you do, and enjoy so much my association with you. I hope you have a great weekend, and look forward to getting back next week to continue to serve our residents and especially to engage with our Mayor and her team on the critical issues facing our community.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Lakeview Park Beautification Service Project I June 9 6:00 pm
Jive Spring Concert: Riverton I June 10 - June 11
Provo Touch-A-Truck I June 11 11:00 am
Movies in the Park: Sing 2 I June 13 8:00 pm
Wasatch Ballet Presents "Princess" I June 17 - June 18
Movies in the Park: Hercules I June 20 8:00 pm
Provo Market I July 23 10:00 am
Shops at Riverwoods Summer Beach Party I June 24 4:00 pm
The Tom Proctor Band I June 24 7:30 pm
Movies in the Park: Spider-Man No Way Home I June 24 8:00 pm
Ammon and Liahona I June 25 6:00 pm
Motown & More I July 1 7:30 pm
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- United States gas prices are up to a record average of $4.87 per gallon.
- The popular (and awesome) rock group Queen, is set to unveil a previously unreleased song featuring Freddie Mercury.
- Paramount Pictures is suing over the hit movie "Top Gun: Maverick". They are suing over alleged copyright infringement.
- At least 50 people were killed during a Catholic church service in southwest Nigeria.
- Taco Bell is introducing their first two-story Taco Bell with four drive-thru lanes.
- A new prototype of a flying taxi is being tested by Pantuo Aviation.
- An interesting study came out about what your favorite color says about you.
YOUR VOICE
Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlight was getting to visit Rocky Mountain University, and meeting with her directors. I am always impressed at the level of energy and devotion that she brings to her important role in our organization.
Thanks again for all you do. Look forward to seeing you again next week.
Wayne





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.