Coronavirus Stats
Nationally: CDC reports 776,093 confirmed cases with 41,758 fatalities
State:
Utah County: 523 cases; 26 hospitalized; 5 fatalities
News You Can Use
- The FDA has approved a new at-home, self-administered Coronavirus test. At the beginning, the test will be available to health care workers and first-responders with a doctor's order.
- Congress is set to approve the next federal stimulus package aimed at replenishing funds for the Payroll Protection Program aimed at helping small businesses.
Provo Social Media
- Earth Day is here, but we aren't doing anything socially about it to preserve social distancing. Hence the Earth Day Anyways element. Send photos in via Facebook Messenger, Twitter Messenger or via Instagram tag at @provocityevents and be part of a random drawing for a gift card to a local restaurant. Click the post above for more information.
- Our social media folks have been using the hashtag #ProvoProud to highlight the efforts in the Provo community to support each other and survive the pandemic. Here is a recent #ProvoProud post that reminds us of the good that is happening in our community.
Fun Stuff
Finally, today, I wanted to share two of my favorite memes from the last few days about the pandemic. I know it is no laughing matter, but if I didn't laugh occasionally, I think I might just melt down. The first one made me smile, given that My Fair Lady is among my favorite old musicals ever. The second one hit home as not being with grandkids has been one of the major impacts of this whole thing for me personally.
Have a great rest of your day, everyone. Hang in there!
Wayne

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.