Happy Monday, everyone. Today and tomorrow are pretty hectic days for me; I apologize not getting the blog our before 5, which is always my target. I hope everyone had a good Father's Day weekend. I miss my dad every year at this time, but at least I was able to hear from all of my kids and grandkids and celebrate in a socially distancing way with Julie's dad yesterday.
I know we are all nervous about the status of the Coronavirus in Utah and in our community. The recent trend in overall positive cases and hospitalizations is not going in the right direction. We are monitoring closely with the State and with the Utah County Health Department. We need to keep emphasizing social distancing and face masks, which seems to be getting more and more difficult to do. Keep watching and paying attention, and most of all stay safe and help everyone else in your circle stay safe!
I know we are all nervous about the status of the Coronavirus in Utah and in our community. The recent trend in overall positive cases and hospitalizations is not going in the right direction. We are monitoring closely with the State and with the Utah County Health Department. We need to keep emphasizing social distancing and face masks, which seems to be getting more and more difficult to do. Keep watching and paying attention, and most of all stay safe and help everyone else in your circle stay safe!
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 2,275,645 cases with 119,923 fatalities.
Utah: 17,906 cases; 1,192 hospitalizations; 158 deaths
Utah County: 3,263 cases; 163 hospitalizations; 21 deaths
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- The Mayor wrote a Daily Herald article addressing several important topics including the Census, CARES Act funding, Conversations with the Chief, and more. If you haven't read it yet, I'd recommend you check it out.
- The Volunteer Care Clinic at 589 S. State Street here in Provo has officially reopened its doors.
- According to a study by BYU, fathers benefit from family-supportive environment, as supported by the Pew Research Center.
- Utah's oldest active voter celebrated her 107th birthday, she has lived and voted from the same house since 1953.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:
- Met with the Fire Chief
- Met with Police Chief
- Met with Mayor's Office Staff
- Met with the Deputy Mayor
- Met with the City PIO
- Met with her executive team
- Met with the Assistant CAO
- Had a scheduling Meeting
FUN STUFF
This Week: CAO Wayne Parker (AKA the one you've all been waiting for)
2. I played trombone in my high school marching band and jazz band.
3. I resigned under pressure from a city management job early in my career.
Have a little fun with this one! I hope the answers are not too obvious.
Thanks again for all you are doing for our community. Truly, heroes work here - and you are the heroes.
Wayne

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.