Once again, a really busy day - lots of meetings and phone calls. Hope your day was productive as well.
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 1,827,425 cases with 106,202 fatalities.
Utah: 10497 cases; 829 hospitalizations; 117 deaths (up 4 from yesterday)
Utah County: 2028 cases (up 37 from yesterday); 106 hospitalizations (up 1 from yesterday); 17 deaths (no change from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- According to Census Bureau estimates, Provo-Orem was ranked number 9 on the list of fastest growing metro areas. Though, some experts are concerned that Covid-19 might change that prediction.
- Recent Utah law school graduates can become practicing lawyers without taking the typical bar exam under new temporary rules forced by the coronavirus pandemic. The Utah Supreme Court says the temporary process requires the graduates to perform 360 hours of supervised legal service under an experienced attorney instead.
- The Utah State Board of Education approved a waiver to allow an elementary school to operate on a four-day per week schedule. Boulder Elementary School in Garfield County will make the shift beginning in the fall term.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:
- Met virtually with with the Utah County Health Department
- Met with Police Chief Ferguson and others
- Met with UDOT Transportation
- Attended a fire-fighter pinning ceremony
- Had phone calls with other state political leaders
FUN STUFF
2 Truths and a Lie: Mayor's Office Edition
This Week: Executive Assistant Kaye Neves
1. I have 5 grandchildren
2. I've never eaten sushi
3. I'm not an American citizen
1. I have 5 grandchildren
2. I've never eaten sushi
3. I'm not an American citizen
Stay tuned for Kaye's answers tomorrow!
Also, I've had a couple of questions about my family. I shared a photo a while back with my kids and their spouses. Today it is the grandkids. The photo is a little outdated because we have added three more since then. But it is one of my favorite photos of the little ones because at least I can kind of see their personalities coming through.
Have a great evening. We will talk again tomorrow.
Wayne


Good-looking grandkids! Grandkids are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete