Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29th 2020 Update

I had a fun chat early this morning at the Provo Bakery (don't ask me about my high carb breakfast while running late for work) with one of our awesome public works employees (who was getting a delicious looking fresh fritter).  It is always fun to run into our employees around town and we talked about this blog, about the dangers of dealing with the general public during a pandemic, and how he felt about working for the City.  Thanks for visiting with me any time I happen to run into you.  It is one of the best parts of my job.


CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 4,339,997 cases with 148,866 fatalities.
Utah:  39,194 cases (up 339 from yesterday); 2,324 hospitalizations; 292 deaths (up 6 from yesterday)
Utah County:  7,483 cases (up 61 from yesterday); 353 hospitalizations; 32 deaths (up 1 from yesterday)

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • KSL posted an article online about how other countries have handled the Coronavirus pandemic and what the United States could learn from them.  
  • The State of Utah is holding a statewide Job Fair tomorrow.  Not that we want any of our employees to attend, but it might be something to share with your family and friends.  :)
  • Did you receive one of the famous Chinese seed packets in the mail?  This story by Fox13 talks about the advice from the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food about what to do with those seeds.  

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA








THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Met with BYU Administration on various topics
  • Met with Utah state legislators
  • Visited the South Franklin Community Center to look at child education programs
  • Met with a candidate for county commission
  • Met with a resident of the Wasatch Neighborhood

FUN STUFF

I had a discussion this afternoon with our friend Bill Hulterstrom at United Way and remembered that he is the world's biggest Disney fan.  He has spent more time at Disney theme parks during 2019 than anyone else I know.  This little sketch from the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and Kristen Bell illustrates the history of Disney sing-along songs.  If you are a Disney movie fan, you might really enjoy this little walk through Disney history.



I will be out of the office tomorrow attending my nephew's wedding, so there won't be a blog post tomorrow.  I know how much you will miss it...(or not).  But I will be looking forward to writing the next one on Monday!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...