Welcome to August everyone! Julie and I were commenting over the weekend that the only way we have been able to keep track of time this summer has been in our garden. Days tend to run together, but plants at least grow and produce. The garden is doing well and it is probably the place where we feel the most "grounded," so to speak! [Insert "rim shot" here]
Also, for those who have asked, I enjoyed a day off last week attending our nephew's wedding. What I didn't love so much was cleaning carpets in anticipation of having some of our kids and grandkids over to visit on Friday and Saturday. Family was fun - carpet cleaning not so much. :)
Also, for those who have asked, I enjoyed a day off last week attending our nephew's wedding. What I didn't love so much was cleaning carpets in anticipation of having some of our kids and grandkids over to visit on Friday and Saturday. Family was fun - carpet cleaning not so much. :)
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 4,649,102 cases with 154,471 fatalities.
Utah: 41,529 cases; 2,450 hospitalizations; 314 deaths
Utah County: 8,047 cases; 375 hospitalizations; 35 deaths
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- BYU police are investigating shots fired at the security booth outside the Missionary Training Center.
- Astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken return to Earth less than a day after departing the International Space Station. Their capsule landed safely off the Florida coast Sunday, skirting a tropical storm, to cap their two-month mission.
- The Upper Provo wildfire continues to burn, impacting 378 acres and reaching 5% containment by 10:30 a.m Saturday morning.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Met with the Police Chief
- Met with the Fire Chief
- Met with Mayor's Office Staff
- Participated in a Covid-19 informational call for Utah County
- Met with her executive team
- Met with the City PIO
- Met with the Assistant CAO
- Met with the Deputy Mayor
- Had a meeting with Legal
FUN STUFF
There are certainly days when I get fed up with technology. Not that anyone ever feels that way about Cayenta, but I don't think I have been that frustrated with my tablet device. So, just in case you ever wondered, this is what Blendtec can do with your iPad. Whew - at least that felt a little therapeutic!
Thanks again for all you do and for how you keep making life better for our residents.
Wayne
Thanks again for all you do and for how you keep making life better for our residents.
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.