Happy Monday to the team! I hope you had a good weekend. We were busy as usual this weekend. Yard work and sprinkler repairs dominated my Saturday - until the evening social justice protest on Saturday evening that was pretty uneventful.
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 5,382,125 cases with 169,350 fatalities.
Utah: 46,894 cases; 2,782 hospitalizations; 364 deaths
Utah County: 9,478 cases; 439 hospitalizations; 39 deaths
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- The United Way of Utah County’s annual Day of Caring is coming up and will be on Sept. 10th. This year it will look different due to Covid-19 restrictions, with masks being handed out to volunteers instead of t-shirts. This year they will be focusing on giving back to schools.
- Two new wildfire starts were reported Sunday – one in Washington County and another in Utah County. In Utah County, the Battle Creek Fire is currently burning east of Pleasant Grove. The U.S. Forest Service reports it is estimated to be between 20 – 30 acres and is burning grass brush.
- A treasure chest full of silver medallions worth $4,000 has been buried in Utah County, and the race to find that chest began Saturday. After months of planning and development, two neighbors, Hochstetler and Byers launched Treasure Finders, a GPS-based treasure finding app, that allows users to search for real rewards through clues and adventure. The pair decided to launch the app during the pandemic to offer a fun alternative to staying home for families.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Held a meeting with the Fire Chief
- Met with the Police Chief
- Participated in a coordinating COVID-19 call for Utah County
- Held a meeting with Mayor's office staff
- Participated in a communications strategy meeting
- Met with the city PIO
- Held a meeting with her executive team
- Met with the Assistant CAO
- Met with a city councilor
FUN STUFF
OK - this one hits a little too close to home. I guess I am getting to that stage of life, but at least I always remember Alexa's name. At least I think I do. Thanks to Saturday Night Live for this sketch.
Thanks, everyone. Have a great rest of your day and we'll connect again tomorrow.
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.