It is Thursday! It has been a busy day for sure, but a good share of it was spent visiting with many of our employees at various city offices seeing what you are doing to "join the maskerade." It has been fun to see decorations (including a headless horseman and numerous gnomes), seeing some creative masks (including head cut-outs of several city officials), and seeing police vehicles masked up for the day. Thanks everyone for your creativity!
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 7,528,313 cases with 211,132 fatalities.
Utah: 81,947 cases (up 1,501 from yesterday); 4,167 hospitalizations; 501 deaths (up 5 from yesterday)
Utah County: 22,010 cases (up 444 from yesterday); 749 hospitalizations; 66 deaths (no change from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Utah biologists just conducted a survey of fish populations in Deer Creek Reservoir. This teaches them about diet, population growth, and the status of other species in the lake.
- The Vice Presidential debate was last night, and if you haven't heard it, be sure to watch it!
- On another note, unemployment rates have remained steady for the past month and a half, which is a relief for many after the steep increase since the start of the pandemic.
- Today is National Ombud's day! So I couldn't let this day pass without a shout-out to our favorite Ombudsman, Tara Riddle! Tara is the greatest and we are so lucky to have her! In our opinion, she is the world's best ombudsman! If you can remember back to an earlier update, she also happens to be the world's greatest Easter egg artists guesser, and you can see her claiming her prize below!
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Participated in City Council leadership meeting
- Visited departments for the "Maskerade" competition
- Met with an advisory council meeting
FUN STUFF
I have to be a little careful with this one because technology seems to be going much faster than I can keep up with, and I may be a bit more like this grandma than I would care to admit!
I hope you have a great weekend! We are getting lots closer to the end of our kitchen project - photos to come next week!
Wayne

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.