It has been a good day today. Lots of meetings today, and there is always lots going on in the City. I had the opportunity today to meet with our partners at Google Fiber, with police and engineering on safe routes to school, with Karen Larsen on customer service issues, and with the Utah League of Cities and Towns on legislative concerns. And then I had a little time to catch up on some tougher items on my to-do list (which doesn't happen every day)
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 25,456,670 cases with 427,626 fatalities.
Utah: 342,445 cases (up 1,761 from yesterday); 13,279 hospitalizations; 1,620 deaths (no change from yesterday)
Utah County: 83,457 cases (up 453 from yesterday); 2,212 hospitalizations; 281 deaths (no change from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Hogle Zoo is looking for possible names for their new baby zebra! You can vote for a name in the comments of their most recent post.
- Qualtrics is poised to break another Utah record with stock sales. This could bring in $1.46 billion for the Provo-based company.
- One of Utah's own teachers, John Arthur, is one of four finalists for National Teacher of the Year.
- TSA agents in 2020 seized guns at a rate double that of previous year at Salt Lake City International Airport - 71 firearms discovered, ranking No. 10 among airports nationally.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Participated in a meeting on school crosswalks
- Met with the Customer Service director
- Participated in a meeting with a representative from the school board
- Held a meeting on businesses in Provo
- Met with representatives from the Fire department
- Held a meeting with the Police Chief
FUN STUFF
I shouldn't love this kind of stuff, but I do! However, I can't imagine spending 5 days to build something that is gone in about 2 minutes. But it is a cool visual, and reminds me that there are tons of people who have great art skills - and patience - that I can only dream of having
Have a great weekend, and we will talk again on Monday!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.