Monday, April 5, 2021

April 5 2021 Update

This has been a really busy Monday!  Sorry the post is so late.  My impending sense of doom about April Fools Day materialized as my wife did a little prank on me that resulted in me getting quite wet and having to take a suit to the cleaners. I guess I am just too good of a sport because I didn't retaliate.  

It is also budget season and the Mayor's Office and the budget team are working hard on preparing the Mayor's recommended budget for next fiscal year.  You will probably see quite a few budget meetings on the Mayor's calendar in the next couple of weeks as we work to bring everything into balance.  


CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 30,532,965 cases with 554,064 fatalities.
Utah:  387,514 cases; 15,625 hospitalizations; 2,133 deaths
Utah County:  93,322 cases; 2,532 hospitalizations; 368 deaths

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is National Caramel Day, National Deep Dish Pizza Day, National Read a Road Map Day (when was the last time you've done that?), and National First Contact Day for all the Trekkies (a day in the year 2063 that the humans made first contact with the Vulcans).  
  • A new survey suggests many Utahns are ready to start travelling, with interesting results on how many already have a planned trip in their near-future.
  • Facing public outcry, Utah County commissioners have decided to backpedal on their efforts to seize the clerk/auditor's budget oversight duties.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA







THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Met with the Fire Chief
  • Met with the Police Chief
  • Held a meeting with Mayor's office staff
  • Participated in a communications strategy meeting
  • Met with the City PIO
  • Held a meeting with representatives from high schools in Provo
  • Met with the Deputy Mayor
  • Participated in a Utah County Covid-19 coordinating phone call
  • Met with her executive team
  • Held a meeting with the Assistant CAO
  • Participated in a budget discussion meeting

FUN STUFF

I don't know about you, but one of the hardest things I do whether I am driving or walking is navigating the inevitable conflict between pedestrians and drivers at intersections.  See if you see yourself in one of these interactions.  I would probably say I am the overly polite pedestrian, but I'm sure my kids would say I'm likely the arrogant pedestrian.    


I hope you had a nice holiday weekend, and enjoyed some of the most beautiful spring weather I can remember.  Take care and stay safe.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...