So I know I have been with the city for a long time now, but I am getting increasingly sad to see some of our employees that I have called friends for many years decide that it is time to retire and move on to new chapters in their lives. The announcement of Chief Ferguson earlier this week was bad enough, but seeing Dan Dove retire seems like the end of an era to me. While I totally wish them well after a long and storied career here, but I will miss my regular interactions with them. And with others who are moving on as well.
CORONAVIRUS STATS
Nationally, the CDC reports 32,994,369 cases with 588,421 fatalities.
Utah: 405,078 cases (up 268 from yesterday); 16,729 hospitalizations; 2,292 deaths (no change from yesterday)
Utah County: 96735 cases (up 48 from yesterday); 2685 hospitalizations; 393 deaths (no change from yesterday)
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- There were at least 12 mass shootings between Friday night and Sunday of last week, leaving 11 dead and 69 injured.
- It's is getting more expensive to eat out, as Utah restaurants are reporting continued increase in food prices and a potential raise in minimum wage. They say they will have to pass that increase on to the customers to stay afloat.
- Researchers at the University of Utah are part of a national team working on an implant to control the body's circadian rhythm in order to prevent jet lag.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
THE MAYOR'S DAY
Today, Mayor Kaufusi:- Met with the Police Chief
- Participated in a podcast
- Met on housing in Provo
- Participated in an Economic Recovery Advisory meeting
- Held a meeting on finances
- Met with the Council Chair
- Held a meeting with a youth organization in Provo
- Participated in UMPA Board of Directors meeting
FUN STUFF
Sometimes it is kind of fun to check out the reviews of items on Amazon, just to see what other people have to say. I can see how someone might be interested in a 12 foot beach ball, but I suspect this review left the seller with a warehouse full of them!
Wayne

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.