Wednesday, June 2, 2021

June 2, 2021 Update

I had a fun opportunity today to have lunch with our employees who make up the Workday implementation team.  As you may know, the Workday project is a software system that will replace PeopleSoft, which is going away soon.  It is a comprehensive and integrated system that includes everything from recruiting and on-boarding to payroll, advancement and benefits management.  Later, it will also include performance management, training and career development.  The team has been working hard - and many long hours - getting ready for a planned go-live on July 1.  You will be hearing lots more about training on use of the system (which is very intuitive) in the next couple of weeks.  

If you are currently on the city's network, you can see some videos about the Workday product and how we will interface with it for timekeeping, payroll, benefits and more.


CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 33,113,930 cases with 592,232 fatalities.
Utah:  406,482 cases (up 200 from yesterday); 16,863 hospitalizations; 2,305 deaths (up 3 from yesterday)
Utah County:  96,977 cases (up 28 from yesterday); 2,702 hospitalizations; 395 deaths (up 1 from yesterday)

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA








THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Participated in a meeting on museums
  • Met with the city ombudsman
  • Participated in a meeting with a city councilor
  • Held a meeting with HR
  • Participated in a Utah Women and Leadership project think tank
  • Held an office staff meeting
  • Met with the Fire Chief
  • Met with the Airport Manager
  • Participated in a meeting with UDOT
  • Met with the Deputy Mayor
  • Met with a youth group

FUN STUFF

I did a fun video on Star Wars for May the 4th (be with you) Star Wars Day, but I couldn't resist this little short video reminding us how the Star Wars music can get totally stuck in your head.  (Cue the Stormtrooper theme here).  :)


Thanks for all you do.  I love our team and all the good we do to make life better in Provo.  

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. That's great to hear about Josh Daniels! He will do a great job filling Amelia's position as County Clerk Auditor.

    And I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very excited for the Workday go-live!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...