Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 6, 2021 Update

Freedom Festival 2021 is now in the books.  I hope you had the opportunity to participate in some of the events.  A special thanks to all of our city staff members who were involved in the festival in any way.  The parade was awesome, the Stadium of Fire was entertaining, and Freedom Days at the County grounds was fun as always.  One of the lesser known Festival evens is the Freedom Awards Gala where people both national and local are recognized for advancing the cause of freedom.  This year's honorees were Dallin H. Oaks, Leonard Bagalwa and the Puro family (who have 5 daughters each of whom serve in the military.  You can read more about these remarkable people and their stories at the Freedom Festival website.  






CORONAVIRUS STATS

Nationally, the CDC reports 33,545,316 cases with 603,181 fatalities.
Utah: 417,259 cases; 17,636 hospitalizations; 2,385 deaths
Utah County: 99236 cases; 2827 hospitalizations; 408 deaths

NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA










THE MAYOR'S DAY

Today, Mayor Kaufusi:

  • Is out of the office

FUN STUFF

So, this weekend I was in Vernal visiting with family, including my 6-year old grandson Cole.  He sat down with me and showed me his kindergarten "yearbook" which had photos of the school year with his 16 classmates.  Included in his "yearbook" was a cookbook section where the teachers asked the kids for their favorite dish and the recipe their parents used to make it (to the best of their 6 year old memories).  I laughed until I cried.  So, today and tomorrow are some of my favorite kindergarten recipes from my grandson's classmates.






Next installment tomorrow.  Hope you enjoy the rest of the day!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...