Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday July 20, 2021 Update

Welcome to the Tuesday edition of Daily Update 2.0.  Tuesdays will focus on a tip, interesting article, training opportunity, or the like.  We hope you will enjoy these little leadership or success resources that may help you with your job and/or your personal life. 

Today is a big day in American History.  On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the moon.  Most of you were not even born, or weren't old enough to remember, but I remember vividly as a young teenager watching the event on live, (gasp) black-and-white television.  

After a couple of requests, I am including the video from last week's UVU Transportation Summit.  It is 8 hours in length, so you surely wouldn't want to watch it in one sitting.  The panel I was on starts at about the 45 minute mark and goes until about the 3 hour mark.  


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Food Truck Roundup I July 22 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Pioneer Day Extravaganza I July 24 10:00am - 2:00pm
Learn It: Activism for Busy People I July 27 7:00 pm
Book Trivia Night I July 28 7:00 pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
Teen Film Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony I July 29 7:00pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






YOUR VOICE

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive. So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the right, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.


TUESDAY TIP

Having trouble with motivation? Check out this free resource that covers a couple potential causes and how to address them:


FUN STUFF

I don't know if you have a dog or not (you already know I do), and I know that they can be strong-willed and determined.  I won't let my dog watch this little video!  


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...