Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Wednesday July 21, 2021 Update


Happy Wednesday - short week for many city employees as we recognize Pioneer Day this weekend.  I hope you can enjoy some time with family and friends this weekend.  But in whatever you decide to do, we all have to be extra careful in our very dry conditions.  Provo Fire and Rescue has issued some additional guidelines for this weekend in some of our restricted areas.  Those are highlighted below in our social media posts.  

I also had the opportunity this morning to meet with representatives from the owners of the Provo Towne Centre Mall.  As you may know, they are working on getting a rezone for a portion of the mall parking lot to create the first of several planned residential developments.  During one of our upcoming weekly "hot button issues" discussions, I will try to talk about the issues we confront with the mall moving forward.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Food Truck Roundup I July 22 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Pioneer Day Extravaganza I July 24 10:00am - 2:00pm
Learn It: Activism for Busy People I July 27 7:00 pm
Book Trivia Night I July 28 7:00 pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
Teen Film Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony I July 29 7:00pm

nEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






YOUR VOICE

Don't forget to add your fun news / highlights / info about you in the poll on the right sidebar. -->

Today we are also asking a question about how you commute to work:


EMPLOYEE / department highlight

Did you know that we have over 440 employees in the Parks and Recreation Department?  Watch this space every Wednesday for more spotlighting of our departments, divisions and employees.  If you have spotlight ideas, let us know in the "Your Voice" section to the right of each update post.



Fun stuff

One more dog video.  Last one this week - I promise.


Have a great weekend!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...