Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Tuesday July 27, 2021 Update

Another busy day today.  My off-council Tuesdays are usually full of meetings with the directors and others who are my direct reports, as well as catching up from our normal full Mondays of Mayor's Office coordination meetings.  I really like these days as it gives me a chance top talk about some of the larger and longer-term issues we are working on, as opposed to reviewing contracts, large purchases and upcoming council agenda items and generally "putting out fires."  There are lots of issues that we are working behind the scenes on that will have positive, long-lasting impacts in the community, and this has been one of those kinds of Tuesdays for me.

I also enjoyed meeting nine of our city employees today, including one who was with us for quite a while, left, and is now back in a new (for him) role.  Welcome to our new employees.  

  • Brent Garlick, Development Services
  • Erik Jensen, Police
  • Tucker Lougee, Parks and Recreation
  • Kale Cozzens, Public Works
  • Kylie Williamson, Golf Course
  • Margaret Olsen, Golf Course
  • Taylor Floyd, Legal
  • Tyler Kirkham, Energy
  • Wyatt Case, Public Works


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Learn It: Activism for Busy People I July 27 7:00 pm
Book Trivia Night I July 28 7:00 pm
Teen Film Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony I July 29 7:00pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Cool Science: Ice Cream Demonstration I August 10 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Learn It: Canning 101 I August 10 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I August 12 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Crochet Club: Bags I August 12 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22



YOUR VOICE

Don't forget to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the right, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update. 


NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • The Cedar City Mayor has declared a state of emergency due to the excess flooding they experienced recently.
  • For fans of the Olympics, here are our current medal count: US: 23, China, 21, Japan, 17, Russian Olympic Committee: 17, Britain: 12. Simone Biles, the U.S.'s top of gymnastics withdrew, but the U.S. team still pulled off second place, and MyKayla Skinner was interviewed by Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb about her best performance yet.
  • UVU's new physician's assistant program successfully received accreditation recently.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA





TUESDAY TIP

Have an upcoming presentation? Check out how to calm your nerves during your next presentation:


A new study suggests that well-being might be less about wellness and more about rest. Read more here:


FUN STUFF

So, if you have a garden, you might understand the need for this video.  Right now, we seem to have way more summer squash and zucchini than we can eat (and our neighbors and family are kind of sick of us trying to secretly leave some on their porches).  So I am always on the lookout for new yummy ways to use up my squash.  This fun video shares a couple of newer recipes for that excess zucchini.  You can thank me later.


I hope your day is great!  Thanks for all you do.  

Wayne

1 comment:

  1. This is hands down my very favorite way to use zucchini: https://smittenkitchen.com/2016/08/summer-squash-pizza/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...