It has been nice to have a day when I could get caught up on some important work that I often have a hard time squeezing in among meetings. Today we have been talking about neighborhood revitalization, improving access to transit, and how to deal with special events who want the City to be a sponsor, among other things. And I also had the opportunity to meet with two of our directors who are doing amazing things in their operations. I feel very fortunate to work with such a great group of people in the office and in the city.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Book Trivia Night I July 28 7:00 pm
Teen Film Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony I July 29 7:00pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Cool Science: Ice Cream Demonstration I August 10 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Learn It: Canning 101 I August 10 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I August 12 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Crochet Club: Bags I August 12 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pmBlue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
YOUR VOICE
Here's a little reminder to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the right, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below! We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Today is National Milk Chocolate Day. Also known as one of the best days ever! Take the opportunity to indulge in some yummy chocolate today!
- A lake-wide toxic algae warning advisory has been issued for Utah Lake. If you're planning on spending a day at the lake, read up on the most recent warnings before you decide to take a dip.
- Politicians and lobbyists from across the country are meeting up in downtown Salt Lake City for the next three days. The annual meeting of the American Legislative Exchange Council runs Wednesday through Friday at the Grand America Hotel.
- The CDC is once again recommending masks indoors under certain situations because of breakthrough infections and the new delta variant.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT
I meant to attach this photo yesterday and got busy and forgot. But these are the new employees we highlighted yesterday (along with Dixon and me), so if you see any of them around, make sure and say hi.FUN STUFF
Julie and I have been watching Olympic coverage this week, and when I saw this little parody, I just had to share it. There are actually several years of these event videos. I can relate to some of these kinds of athletic events.
Wayne

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.