We will have a few other city executive team members "guest hosting" next week, so watch for that.
Today is also the 250th edition of the Daily Update. This effort continues to evolve, but many thanks to our staff for all the work in getting each edition together, and to the several hundred employees who check out the update every day.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
1820 The Musical I August 6 - September 11
Lunchbox Hacks I September 1 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I September 4 1:00 - 2:00 pm
The Alibis I September 30 - October 23
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Today is National Trail Mix Day and National Eat Outside Day. Sounds like a perfect day for an evening hike!
- 13 American service members were among the almost-200 killed by a suicide bomber. One of those was Utah's own Staff Sgt. Taylor Hoover. A vigil was held for him at the state Capitol Sunday night, with several hundred people in attendance. Another of the 13 service members was Marine Sgt. Nicole Gee, who was photographed cradling an Afghan infant. "I love my job," she posted on Instagram last week.
- Lake Tahoe has begun evacuations as the fires in California continue to spread.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
YOUR VOICE
Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!
TUESDAY TIP
How Your Mindset is Keeping You Stuck: Studies on fighter pilots and athletes suggest they can improve their performance on eye-vision tests simply by believing they have great eyesight -- the type of positive mindset that can help [individuals] overcome limiting beliefs and obstacles, writes former Navy fighter pilot Carey Lohrenz. "When struggling, tell yourself: 'I just don't have it yet' or 'We're not there yet.'"
FUN STUFF
So, with the ups and downs of the pandemic, I find myself saying "Maybe" a lot more. So this little "Call Me Maybe" parody sort of hit home for me. "Maybe" you can relate!
Hope you have a great day.
Wayne


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.