Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thursday August 5, 2021 Update

Thanks for reading this week.  We are still trying to experiment with some different features for the daily update.  We hope you take the opportunity to weigh in with your ideas, your employee=related posts and more.

This morning we took our monthly walk through the new city hall and public safety building project.  Lots has changed - there is a lot more sheet rock up and the offices, conference rooms and public areas are beginning to take shape.  If you haven't had a opportunity to do a walk-through, reach out to Dick Blackham who can help set things up for a department or division "inspection" of the new digs.



UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Cool Science: Ice Cream Demonstration I August 10 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Learn It: Canning 101 I August 10 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I August 12 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Crochet Club: Bags I August 12 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Tween Academy: Jade Mountain Academy I August 21 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I August 21 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

YOUR VOICE

One more reminder if you haven't, to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the right, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.



NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA





MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

It is city council week, so she attended city council work meeting, council meeting and council leadership meeting.  She spoke several times with county health department director Eric Edwards, attended two meetings with Utah county mayors, met and had lunch with Congressman John Curtis, and met with representatives of Allegiant Airlines.




FUN STUFF

This week's favorite internet memes.











The last one may not be too familiar to some of our younger employees!  I hope you have a great weekend!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...