Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tuesday August 17 2021 Update

It is Tuesday - under normal conditions we would be at city council meeting, but due to the primary election and the need to formally approve the canvass of election results two weeks after the primary, the meeting was moved to August 24.  So our schedules are a bit jumbled up.  One of my more interesting meetings today involved a discussion about graffiti response and removal and how to handle "surges" like the one we had around July 4.  It is always awesome for me to see how our city departments work together on these kinds of issues that cross departmental lines.  They can be tough to deal with, but when we collaborate together, good things happen.


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

1820 The Musical I August 6 - September 11
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Food Truck Roundup I August 12 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I August 12 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Crochet Club: Bags I August 12 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Minecraft Club: For Teens I August 20 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Tween Academy: Jade Mountain Academy I August 21 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I August 21 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Lunchbox Hacks I September 1 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I August 21 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Is your name Kyle? Then you're in luck! the city of Kyle, Texas is looking for all Kyles (with the same spelling) to come to their annual Kyle Pie in the Sky Hot Air Balloon Festival Sept. 3-5 in order to set a Guinness World Record. All Kyles participating in the record will receive free weekend passes to the festival, as well as a free T-shirt. If I were Kyle, I'd start planning my trip!
  • According to an article by Deseret News, minorities are now driving more of Utah's population growth than white people.
  • Can heart failure be reversed? Utah researchers think they have a way and it all centers around a protein that might make all the difference.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below! 



TUESDAY TIP

Want a good way to be mindful and help yourself improve on a daily basis? Ask yourself this question every day! 


FUN STUFF

With school starting this week for children in Provo and neighboring districts, I thought you might enjoy this little video that takes a fun look at the lives of public school teachers.


Hope you have a great day.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...