Happy Winds-day! We have certainly had our issues with the storm yesterday and today. Lots of downed power lines and two house fires last night due to downed trees and power lines - special thanks to our firefighting and energy professionals who respond in tough weather conditions to help keep our community safe.
This morning we participated in the topping off ceremony for the first phase of the Freedom Commons project at 200 N and 200 W in downtown Provo. A 6 story office building and 650 space parking structure are well underway and should be open for business next spring. It is exciting to see a new legacy project in what commercial real estate people are calling "Utah Valley's Central Business District." Congratulations to PEG Development and to our city staff who did so much to help make this new office anchor in downtown a reality!
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
AuthorLink with Katherine Cowley I July 21 7:00 pm
Food Truck Roundup I July 22 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Pioneer Day Extravaganza I July 24 10:00am - 2:00pm
Pioneer Day Extravaganza I July 24 10:00am - 2:00pm
Learn It: Activism for Busy People I July 27 7:00 pm
Book Trivia Night I July 28 7:00 pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
Teen Film Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony I July 29 7:00pm
Movie in the Courtyard: Wonder Woman 1984 I July 30 9:30 pm
The Diaries of Adam and Eve I July 29 - August 21
Paint Night I August 3 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap: Breakfast I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Intro to Studio Production I August 4 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Rock The Canyon I August 28 4:00 pm - 8:00pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22
Teen Film Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony I July 29 7:00pm
YOUR VOICE
We love hearing your hobbies, exciting events, accomplishments, and successes. Keep them coming in this section on the right and upload photos below! -->
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Today is National Fajita Day! Be sure to stop by Joe Vera's or one of our other great local Mexican restaurants today for some fajitas.
- Food stamp benefits will be increasing by more than 25% starting in October. The changes are said to be permanent and signify the largest single increase in the program's history.
- Governor Cox sent a letter to President Biden asking him to send refugees to Utah, noting that our state was founded by those fleeing persecution.
- Former Vice President Mike Pence wrote an article for the Wall Street Journal that is gaining popularity on the current situation in Afghanistan and the relationship that the US government and the Taliban had while he was in the White House.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT
Today's highlight is Shaun Hansen at the Justice Court, who was accepted to the Nursing Program at UVU! Provided he tests negative for TB and positive for AWESOME, he starts school this week!
FUN STUFF
For all of us who are missing the drama and magical moments of the Tokyo Summer Olympics, I loved this little video set to music of some of the most amazing TV camera shots of the Summer Games. The focus, strength and poise of these athletes is amazing, but the courage, commitment, and skill of the camera operators is equally unreal.
Sorry - NBC won't let me embed it in the post, but you can click here to watch it!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.