Thursday, September 16, 2021

September 16 2021 Update

Another busy day for me.  We met this morning with City Council leadership and staff, with Josh Ihrig, with Bill Peperone and Scott Johnson on code enforcement issues, with the director of Downtown Provo, Inc., with a group of city officials on legislative issues, with a city council candidate, and with a consortium at the state level working on homelessness and funding for addressing it.  That makes for a very full day!

You may also have heard about an incident today at Provo High School where a couple of people were reported to have brought weapons to the school.   Both of these individuals were eventually taken safely into custody after a period of lockdown and things are mostly back to normal.  It is always a little harrowing when we have an issue like that, but kudos to our police department and to the school district for handling a challenging experience well!


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Dazzle Dogzz! I September 20 6:00pm
Sabrina Allen Excellence Concert I September 20 7:30pm
Learn It: Cooking with Fall Spices I September 21 7:00pm
Employee Appreciation BBQ I September 22 11:30 am
Fall Food Fest I September 24 5:00pm
The Alibis I September 30 - October 23
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

YOUR VOICE

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive.  So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) 


NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

Today's highlight comes from the Mayor herself:

One of the highlights of my week has been working on the appointment of a new department director, something that only comes along once in a great while. Before talking about that new director, let me say how impressed I have been with the experience, skills, and hard work of senior leadership in the Customer Service Department. It’s been a real pleasure getting to know them better and learning more about the important work they do. They have been great at providing critical insight and assistance in ensuring a smooth transition within their department.  

I’m thrilled to have selected Amanda Ercanbrack as the new director for the Customer Service Department. Amanda will bring a highly valued set of skills and gifts to the post. She is excellent with technology and excellent with people. Her background, experience, and personal touch have qualified her to be an ambassador for the department and city and to lead the Customer Service Department successfully into the future. Amanda began her career in Customer Service and has recently served with distinction as our City Recorder. I hope you’ll join me in welcoming her to this next exciting opportunity.


FUN STUFF

This week's favorite Internet memes.  It is becoming a Thursday tradition!










I hope you have a great weekend; we will look forward to connecting again next week.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...