Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wednesday September 15 2021 Update

Wednesdays are always the most unpredictable day of the week for me - not sure why that is - but it seems to be the story of my work life!  My schedule seems to be constantly rearranged multiple times every Wednesday and today has been no exception.  Among other things we have talked about include the leadership transition in Customer Service, the design of improvements to the Provo River Parkway Trail along 2230 North, the Regional Transportation Plan in development by Mountainland Association of Governments, and various items being prepared for next week's Municipal Council meeting.  Whew!  Sometimes it is hard to catch my breath!  


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Dazzle Dogzz! I September 20 6:00pm
Sabrina Allen Excellence Concert I September 20 7:30pm
Learn It: Cooking with Fall Spices I September 21 7:00pm
Fall Food Fest I September 24 5:00pm
The Alibis I September 30 - October 23
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

YOUR VOICE

Thanks for sharing your highlights! Keep the fun coming in the section on the right! And don't forget a picture is worth a thousand words, so drop a few pics as well!


NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is National Double Cheeseburger Day, National Tackle Kids Cancer Day, and National Neonatal Nurses Day. Be sure to thank one of our many great healthcare workers who are working hard to fight cancer and help take care of our little ones.
  • A recent viral news story reported that a generation of young men is abandoning college. The pattern has deep roots. American colleges and universities now enroll roughly six women for every four men.
  • For some news of the weird, Scientists have potty-trained cows to use ‘MooLoo’, a toilet designed to help reduce environmental issued caused by the ammonia in in their urine.
  • A team of researchers from the University of Colorado in Boulder are working on a circadian rhythm test that could potentially improve medical care. The test uses machine learning and blood samples to identify a person's circadian rhythm. That's a big deal, considering doctors historically haven't had the means to monitor a person's circadian rhythms efficiently.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA





EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT


Today's highlight is a shoutout to Hannah Salzl who recently transferred to Community and Neighborhood Services from the Council Office. For three months she pulled double duties by continuing her staffing of important Council committees while taking on her new assignments. We're nearing the handoff and the Council Office staff asked us to recognize Hannah and her for her support. "Our loss is CNS' gain," according to Council director Cliff Strachan.  We are excited to have Hannah working in CNS and bringing her expertise and skills to that department.  

FUN STUFF

How Ikea was invented, just in case you ever wondered. 


Hope your day is going well; my day certainly has room for improvement.  😣

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...