Tuesday, September 14, 2021

September 14, 2021 Update

It has been a good day so far for my day.  I was able to participate in some interesting discussions today including a meeting with Cayenta to try to address needs in our various city departments for the new work management system.  While I had to jump out early for another meeting, it sounded like we were making some good progress on about 90 outstanding items.  I also met with Tara Riddle to work on some strategic direction to acquire a parcel near downtown for the relocation of Fire Station 1 to help make way for the redevelopment of the City Center parcel after we move into our new building next summer.  And I participated in a meeting with elected and appointed officials and UTA to consider the next steps in the feasibility and environmental process to consider extending the FrontRunner system south to Payson.  There never seems to be moments when we are not thinking about and planning for the future.  






UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I September 14 6:30pm
Conversaciones / Conversations I September 14 7:00pm
Crochet Club: Halloween! I September 14 7:00pm
Dazzle Dogzz! I September 20 6:00pm
Sabrina Allen Excellence Concert I September 20 7:30pm
Learn It: Cooking with Fall Spices I September 21 7:00pm
The Alibis I September 30 - October 23
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
Blue Skies Concert Series I Wednesdays through September 22

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Bystanders caught a falling cat at a college football game with an American flag brought by an Air Force veteran and his wife, sparking a viral video.
  • Today is National Parents Day Off so kick up your feet and enjoy if that applies to you!
  • Apple wants all its customers to update their software after researchers found that Pegasus spyware can infiltrate machines and turn on users cameras and microphones or record their screens.
  • The average rental price in five major Utah counties has shot up a stunning 45% in just over a year and a half. Utah County saw a dramatic 66% increase in average rent prices from pre-pandemic times.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA






YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below! 



TUESDAY TIP

Check out this article on 4 lies about success it's time to defeat and pick up some new tools to be successful!


FUN STUFF

We don't ever seem to give enough credit to our kids' teachers.  Especially after the last year with lots of remote and home schooling, I suspect parents have a much greater appreciation for the teachers in our midst.  This little video tries to show how it would be if we treated our kids' teachers like professional athletes!





Hope you have a great day.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...