It's Thursday and I am actually on the road today! I will be attending my national professional conference in Portland, Oregon starting on Saturday, and for a variety of reasons, Julie and I decided to make it a road trip rather than trying to fly. I will be doing the update from Portland next week and sharing some highlights and insights from the conference, and I will be back in the office on Monday, October 11.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
Time Management and Organization for Teens I September 30 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I October 2 1:00 pm
Acting Up: Beauty and the Beast I October 4 7:00 pm
Hocus Pocus Outdoor Movie I October 4 8:00 pm
Learn It: Inking for Inktober I October 5 2021 7:00 pm
Recipe Swap I October 6 7:00 pm
TRIBUTE presented by Utah Metropolitan Ballet: Art and Heart I October 8 - 9
Conversaciones/Conversations I October 12 7:00 pm
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
YOUR VOICE
Please keep sharing your highlights and hobbies! We and your fellow coworkers have loved learning about you!
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Dr. Martin Luther King III addressed BYU during Forum this week. If you missed it, be sure to watch. It was a moving speech, and really fun to hear that he sounds a little like his dad when he speaks.
- The ivory billed woodpecker will officially be declared extinct, along with 22 other species.
- A new study has shown that the group that has been the happiest throughout the pandemic, despite the struggles that it brought, is parents.
PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA
MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
Mayor's highlight of the week was getting to participate in a Community Conversations event with the neighborhood chairs. She loves connecting with our neighborhood chairs and hearing what they have to say.FUN STUFF
This week's favorite internet memes.
Enjoy your weekend!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.