Tuesday, October 12, 2021

October 12 2021 Update

Welcome to the beginning of fall weather - with a touch of winter chill.  Yesterday after work, I headed home to try to get my freeze-sensitive garden plant removed from the garden before the freeze hits later this week.  So, tomatoes, peppers and squash are done for the season.  The rest can wait until the weekend, and then garlic goes into the ground, covered with mulch, to await harvest next summer.  Other than that, the garden will need to wait.  

Part of the garden earlier in the year.


Today is a city council day and while we have some "big idea" items on the work session agenda today, we have only one item on the evening meeting agenda.  I look forward to seeing how some of these topics like parking management and accessory dwelling unit zoning are addressed and prioritize by our council members.

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Conversaciones/Conversations I October 12 7:00 pm
Paranormal Percussion I October 15 - October 16
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I October 19 2021 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Hats I October 19 7:00 pm
Covey Tapestry of Dance I October 19 7:30 pm
Halloween Book Page Wreaths I October 20 7:00 pm
TrickTok or Treat I October 21 7:00 pm
AuthorLink with Brandon Mull I October 22 6:00 pm
Swing 4 Cancer Benefit Concert I October 23 4:00 pm
Teen Takeover: Magical Mayhem I October 23 6:30 pm
Paint Night I October 26 7:00 pm
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Learn It: All About Stress I October 27 7:00 pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
BYU Young Company: Luna I November 1 7:00 pm
Learn It: Buying Your First Home I November 2 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • This weekend over 1,000 flights were cancelled on Southwest. The company announced the cancellations were due to bad weather and technical difficulties, but there are rumors that pilots are on strike due to vaccine mandates.
  • Publicly, Facebook's execs have tried to undermine the credibility of whistle-blower Frances Haugen, but internally, the company is in full crisis management mode, holding informational meetings to calm employees and distributing talking points, including info on how employees should respond when they are “asked questions about recent events by friends and family.” 
  • Over the weekend, ultramarathoners were hit by a big winter storm in Farmington Canyon - 87 runners needed to be rescued in the near whiteout conditions.
  • President Biden will issue an executive order to restore and enlarge the Bears Ears national monument and restore the 1.78 million-acre Grand Staircase-Escalante monument. Utah's federal delegation penned a joint op-ed calling the re-expansion of Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante a "monumental insult."

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

Leadership as service -- it's just common sense: Servant leadership attempts to take common sense principles and translate them into effective actions, starting with the strategy and following up with "service -- helping people accomplish the agreed-upon goals," write Ken Blanchard and Randy Conley. They offer several questions leaders use to assess how trustworthy they appear to colleagues and teams.


FUN STUFF

So, I love the Holderness Family musical parody videos on YouTube.  I grew up loving Neil Diamond, so I couldn't resist sharing this little parody video where we learn how Neil Diamond music can infiltrate every part of your day.


Hope you have a great day.  Stay safe and warm as our weather changes.  But - good news - the 60's are just around the corner for the weekend.  :)  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...