Thursday, October 14, 2021

October 14 2021 Update

Last evening we held a public open house to discuss the potential of adding an additional stop to the UVX line near the BYU Creamery.  The open house was held at Wasatch Elementary School.  We had about 50 residents come to learn more about the proposal and to express their opinions.  We directed my residents to our Open City Hall feature on the city website and it looks like about 45 of them went there to complete a survey.  We also allowed residents to submit written comments which we will compile.  It was really nice to be able to interact in person with our residents again!  And it was great to see so many folks we got acquainted with several years ago when we were considering creating the UVX bus rapid transit route in the first place.  We will have one more open house next week at the Provo Recreation Center, and then will compile all of the information and public feedback to present to the Mayor and Council in November for a decision about where we go from here.

I find myself with some mixed feelings about the upcoming weekend.  Tomorrow Julie and I will attend the funeral of the husband one of Julie's best lifelong friends.  He had a slow and agonizing battle with colon cancer.  Every time something like this happens, I find myself thinking about the challenges of life and how I would fare if I found myself there.  I hope I am resilient enough! 

But Saturday is my day to work in the yard getting ready for winter (which I love to do each fall) and watching the BYU football game - about which I am never quite sure how I will feel.  But the Baylor game has so much drama - first Big 12 opponent since the conference alignment announcement, facing BYU's former offensive coordinator, and coming off the loss to Boise State.  I'm hoping I feel lots better about Saturday's game than I did last weekend.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Paranormal Percussion I October 15 - October 16
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Crochet Club: Crochet Basics I October 19 2021 6:30 pm
Crochet Club: Hats I October 19 7:00 pm
Covey Tapestry of Dance I October 19 7:30 pm
Halloween Book Page Wreaths I October 20 7:00 pm
TrickTok or Treat I October 21 7:00 pm
AuthorLink with Brandon Mull I October 22 6:00 pm
Swing 4 Cancer Benefit Concert I October 23 4:00 pm
Teen Takeover: Magical Mayhem I October 23 6:30 pm
Paint Night I October 26 7:00 pm
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Learn It: All About Stress I October 27 7:00 pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
BYU Young Company: Luna I November 1 7:00 pm
Learn It: Buying Your First Home I November 2 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive.  So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the left, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlights this week were:

  • participating in Monday's Business Leaders' Summit at the Timpanogos Golf Club and arriving in a helicopter;
  • meeting with our department head team on Tuesday;
  • attending the Utah Valley Economic and Resilience board meeting with other mayors; and
  • celebrating her birthday today!

FUN STUFF

This week's favorite memes from social media.













I hope you have a great weekend!  Go Cougs!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...