It was awesome today to meet with our City Hall Project Steering Committee and get another walk-through of the new city hall and public safety facility. There are so many details like security, art installations, and the like to work through at this stage of the project. But things are looking really good - thanks to Scott Henderson, Dick Blackham, the architects and the contractors. And it was really fun to hang out with my friend and former police chief Rich Ferguson who is volunteering to serve on our internal steering committee.
UPCOMING CITY EVENTS
TrickTok or Treat I October 21 7:00 pm
AuthorLink with Brandon Mull I October 22 6:00 pm
Swing 4 Cancer Benefit Concert I October 23 4:00 pm
Teen Takeover: Magical Mayhem I October 23 6:30 pm
Paint Night I October 26 7:00 pm
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Learn It: All About Stress I October 27 7:00 pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
BYU Young Company: Luna I November 1 7:00 pm
Learn It: Buying Your First Home I November 2 7:00 pm
Learn It: Bookbinding I November 3 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I November 6 1:00 pm
Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
A Night of Bluegrass with The Fabled Folks I November 15 7:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Employees who hold a bachelor’s degree tend to earn more than employees without one, but not always, according to a new report. It states that while a worker with a bachelor’s degree earns a median $2.8 million over a lifetime, averaging about $70,000 per year, 16 percent of workers with only a high school diploma earn more than half of workers who hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Did you know the water you’re drinking may be thousands of years old? Turns out it may even taste different, but is surprisingly drinkable. Utah even has some areas with "the oldest water in the U.S." according to their chart.
- A new study at Tel Aviv University might give some reason to the classic thermostat-battle-of-the-sexes, as it takes a stab at the evolutionary reason why women feel colder than men.
- For those following the Gabby Petito case, remains were found along with items that are believed to be his in the area that Brian Laudrie, her boyfriend, was supposedly hiding.
YOUR VOICE
Thank you for sharing your highlights, hobbies, vacations and fun plans. Keep them coming!
UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
This week Mayor's highlights include:
- Participating in ULCT and Legislation meetings
- Seeing the fun new innovations coming to Provo's medical school, Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Meeting with Provo residents
Hope you have a great weekend!
Wayne
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.