Wednesday, October 27, 2021

October 27 2021 Update

Wednesday is here.  Our city council meeting last night was really different.  We had a packed house for the first time in almost 2 years as students and landlords came to express their opinions about some of the on-street parking strategies that are being considered by the Council.  We were also excited to celebrate the "gold medal" achievement of our parks and recreation department!  

Today has been a very interesting day.  I have attended meetings about:

  • the upcoming project to replace the University Avenue bridge (still a year or so off)
  • meeting a candidate for a position on the Provo Housing Authority board
  • getting an early look at the concept for the redevelopment of the city center block
  • meeting with mayors, city managers and engineers from cities in Utah County to discuss Provo's efforts at aquifer storage and recovery
  • discussing geotechnical concerns with potential developments in the foothills (reminding me why my lowest grade in my entire college career was in geology)
  • meeting with the City's I.S. Policy Group; and,
  • meeting with a proponent of a new energy technology.
Never a dull moment!

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Halloween Book Page Wreaths I October 20 7:00 pm
TrickTok or Treat I October 21 7:00 pm
AuthorLink with Brandon Mull I October 22 6:00 pm
Swing 4 Cancer Benefit Concert I October 23 4:00 pm
Teen Takeover: Magical Mayhem I October 23 6:30 pm
Paint Night I October 26 7:00 pm
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Learn It: All About Stress I October 27 7:00 pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm
BYU Young Company: Luna I November 1 7:00 pm
Learn It: Buying Your First Home I November 2 7:00 pm
Learn It: Bookbinding I November 3 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I November 6 1:00 pm
Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

We would love to hear your thoughts on Halloween! Click the link below and share your Halloween thoughts and opinions with us!!

HALLOWEEN POLL

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

Today's highlight is a fun pandemic video shared by Information Systems' own Matt Dunlap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmSAMcwXA8

FUN STUFF

Continuing the Halloween theme, here is every kid's worst Halloween nightmare!  Truth be told, there were a couple of years when I dressed up that my kids would like to forget.  But don't even ask about the time my wife and our two kids (at the time) dressed up like Raggedy Ann and Andy (times two) and got a double take from a police officer at a stop light on our way to a family portrait.  He followed us all the way there; I'm sure he was looking for a reason for a field sobriety test.  😅


And tomorrow, our Thursday edition of Internet memes will include some of my all time favorites with a spooky theme.  Hope the rest of your day is awesome! 


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...