Thursday, October 28, 2021

October 28 2021 Update

This has been a very busy week.  Seems like I have been in back to back to back meetings all week long.  A couple of highlights for today:
  • Meeting with the council chair and vice-chair and council staff
  • Discussing the current status of several challenging zoning and code enforcement cases
  • Meeting with the public works team on the airport wildlife management plan as it relates to the Provo River Delta Restoration Project
  • Meeting with our development services team on a variety of projects
  • Meeting with state, local and federal officials on the agreements for Provo's involvement in the delta restoration project
This weekend will also be a little hectic.  Our son is flying in late Friday night for a Saturday funeral and another son will be driving in for the same funeral.  We will be going to a Halloween parade on Friday with our grandkids and a Halloween event with other grandkids at the assisted living center where my father in law lives.  And then we have a funeral for my neighbor's son on Saturday.  


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Downtown Trick or Treating I October 30 3:00 pm
Outdoor Halloween Carnival I October 30 1:00 pm
Social Ride: Spooks and Spokes I October 29 7:00 pm
Downtown Trick or Treating I October 30 3:00 pm
BYU Young Company: Luna I November 1 7:00 pm
Learn It: Buying Your First Home I November 2 7:00 pm
Learn It: Bookbinding I November 3 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I November 6 1:00 pm
Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Per tradition, the Finance department dressed up for Halloween today. What a fun tradition! Looking good, guys!



If you haven't done it yet, check out this section (on the right -->) and share your Halloween fun with us!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!


Here are the results of yesterday's Halloween polls:











MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight was getting to host all of the cities in Utah County to discuss water, participating on a panel at the Utah Valley Chamber Growth & Prosperity Summit, and meeting with so many great city employees throughout the week!

FUN STUFF

The weekly edition of favorite memes - this week with a Halloween theme.









I hope your Halloween weekend is fun and that you have some family time despite everything else that seems to be going on.


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...