Thursday, October 7, 2021

Thursday October 7 2021 Update

 The end of the week is finally here; at least for many of us.  We are beginning our trip home today; we will be stopping overnight just outside of Boise where we will meet up with several of Julie’s cousins and their husbands for dinner.  Overall, the conference has been a wonderful experience.  Yesterday, I attended a keynote address by a woman named Yvonne Camus, who was a part of the Canadian team competing in the Eco-Challenge race about 10 years ago in Borneo.  It s a race in which 4 member teams undertake a 300 mile high adventure race through jungles, across lakes, through caves, bicycling, running, kayaking and sailing.  The organizers had given their team a 0% chance of finishing the race and they beat the odds.   She was the only woman on the team, and broke her wrist on the third day of a 12 day race.  She had some great lessons about teamwork, getting through crises, dealing with adversity and discouragement, and coming out on top while defying odds.  Pretty inspirational.  

I also attended a session on road recycling from a public works Director from California who worked with  private sector contractor to develop a really innovative technology.  I’m looking forward to sharing the info with our public works team.  


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Conversaciones/Conversations I October 12 7:00 pm
Superhero Academy I October 16 11:00 am
Catapult I October 26 7:30pm
Ammon and Liahona Olayan I October 27 7:30pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE


PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA





YOUR VOICE

Keep the wonderful highlights coming in the section on the right! We love to hear them! Don't forget to upload a picture below!


MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight was participating in the Women in Government panel for the Utah Valley Chamber Executive Summit.

FUN STUFF

This week’s favorite Internet memes.





















I hope you have a great weekend!  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...