Wednesday, November 17, 2021

November 17 2021 Update

Yesterday was an interesting day.  The Council meetings went really well and, as indicated yesterday, had some weighty and somewhat controversial issues.  I admire the courage of our elected officials to take on big challenges and run the risk of creating controversy.  I also found myself in a bit of a social media firestorm yesterday, which reminded me how careful I need to be to not create unintended consequences with things I might say in a public setting.  Lifelong learning is a good thing - and I seem to be doing it more and more often.  :)

Today, I have enjoyed some great interactions with our employee team, especially with my friends in the power department as we celebrated an early Thanksgiving Day lunch.  We were able to recognize several of the power employees for their years of service as well, which is always fun for me.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Barlow Ballet presents The Nutcracker I November 17 - November 20
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Today's Your Voice is asking about Thanksgiving dinner. Tell us your favorite food and we'll share the results next week!

Also, don't forget to share your highlights below or in the section on the right!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

This week's employee highlight is another cute pup! This is fur-baby Chewbacca getting ready for a day of work with dad in media services.

FUN STUFF

So, now that the holiday season officially starts next week, I thought I would share this classic video from Studio C about how we determine which holidays to keep and which ones to cast off.  (BTW, I would prefer that we cast off the twin daylight savings day holidays all together!)



Thanks again for all you do.  Be safe and have a great rest of your day.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...