Tuesday, November 2, 2021

November 2 2021 Update

The long awaited November election day is upon us.  As of this morning, just over 21% of Provo's active voters had cast their ballots by mail or by dropbox.  That is a pretty good number for an off-year municipal election, but obviously we should be doing better.  The number will increase throughout the day, so we will see how participation finally was in the next few days.  The initial round of results will be released by the County at 8:00 p.m. this evening and there will likely be another release later in the evening.  Results will trickle in over the next couple of weeks as ballots come in through the postal service.

Every year, we hear from some of our residents that they don't trust the election process and prefer to vote in person on Election Day.  I certainly understand that sentiment, but voter turnout has increased by 100% since we moved to vote by mail, and that is a good thing.  And having been involved in the election process for many years in Utah, I have a very high confidence level in the integrity of our voting process.

So, if you haven't sent in your ballot yet, you can still drop it off in one of the many Utah County area drop boxes before 8:00 p.m. this evening.  It is too late to vote by mail, so the drop boxes are your best bet to make sure your voice is heard in your own community. 

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Learn It: Buying Your First Home I November 2 7:00 pm
Learn It: Bookbinding I November 3 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I November 6 1:00 pm
Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I November 13 2:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

How to communicate better when people really need it
Good communication is simple but difficult: Know what you're saying, how you'll say it and who your audience is, all while offering "the hero's journey" form of storytelling, writes Ignition Strategy Group CEO Matthew Moseley. "We cannot just tell them we care, but must show them that we care through our actions and our stories," he writes.


FUN STUFF

I think you know I love creative acapella music - probably in part because I can't begin to carry a tune without accompaniment (and then it is still pretty iffy.  In the spirit of Halloween, here is a fun acapella rendition of Thriller done by one artist Jared Hadley who records himself in 20 different frames singing this classic Michael Jackson song.




Hope you have a great day.  And make sure you vote today if you haven't yet.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...