Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November 3 2021 Update

Obviously, the big issue today is the results of the mayor and city council races.  Here is a link to the countywide current results, which will continue to evolve over the next two weeks.  The apparent results are a second term for Mayor Kaufusi and Councilor George Handley, and a first term on the Council for Katrice Mackay and Rachel Whipple.  We are very excited to work with our elected official team (whatever the eventual outcome) beginning in January.

In the meantime, we will be working with the Council's staff to orient the new council members and to find out what their key policy priorities will be for the next few years.


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Learn It: Bookbinding I November 3 7:00 pm
Provo City Library Writing Group I November 6 1:00 pm
Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I November 13 2:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive.  So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the left, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below!  We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

This week's announcement is that Officer Ben Laking welcomed a little baby boy, Peter Laking, into the world on 10/22/21. He weighed 8lbs. Everyone is home and doing well. Congrats, he's a cutie!

FUN STUFF

If you haven't had the opportunity to get to a BYU Football game this season, you might have missed one of the 2021 time out routines for the BYU Cougarettes and Cosmo, the BYU mascot.  The drill team and their mascot have attracted lots of attention nationally and several of their videos have gone viral.  These fun and energetic routines this season will just continue the tradition! 






Thanks for all you do.  We love working with you for the benefit of the citizens of Provo.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...