Thursday, November 4, 2021

November 4 2021 Update

It is Thursday and kind of a different day for me.  I will be involved in an interview panel for a very important position in our organization; and I appreciate the opportunity.  Today and tomorrow are also the days of the fall conference of the Utah City Management Association.  Dixon and I are doing a presentation tomorrow about public infrastructure districts (from Monday's daily update).  These are great opportunities to meet with our colleagues from other cities in Utah, hear from experts and compare notes on common issues.  

Yesterday was also pretty interesting as I was in meetings with MAG and UTA in the early afternoon and with UDOT later in the day.  Transportation is such an important issue for Provo, and as most of you know, it can take 10-15 years to see a project through from inception to completion.  One of my most important roles in to try to plan way into the future.  We have been blessed by those who planned 20 years ago for today, and I hope to make sure we are blessing folks 20 years down the road with the decisions we make today.  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Provo City Library Writing Group I November 6 1:00 pm
Conversations/Conversaciones I November 9 7:00 pm
Fall Leaves for Families I November 10 6:30 pm
Harry Potter Trivia I November 10 7:00 pm
BYU Vocal Point I November 13 2:00 pm
Learn It: Medicare 101 I November 16 7:00 pm
Learn It: Gluten Free Cookies I November 17 7:00 pm
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • As of yesterday we have tested 1,942 people at our Drive-Through testing station at Fire Station 1. We continue to test from 9-10 each day.
  • The Atlanta Braves won the World Series in Game 6, whomping the Houston Astros 7-0.
  • If you've heard the phrase "Let's go Brandon" crop up in political conversations recently and don't know what it means, read this article and you'll know.
  •  Reports of the supply-chain bringing down the holiday cheer are rolling in, with some saying they could dampen spirits into the next year too.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Thanks for sharing your hobbies, exciting news, and announcements with us! Keep them coming and get to know your fellow employees a little better!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

MAYOR'S WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

This week Mayor's highlight is getting to continue serving the residents of Provo as the mayor!

FUN STUFF

The weekly favorite Internet memes are here! The one about Stonehenge is from Suzann Nelson.  The last one gets a gold medal for my favorite meme of - maybe forever!












I hope you have a great weekend!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...