Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November 23, 2021 Update

Last evening and into the very early morning, we had a power outage in northwest Provo.  Our crews were out in very cold temperatures for about 4 hours working to restore power.  Due to some of the complexity of the operation and with some safety concerns, we actually had to increase the scope of the outage for a time to be able to effect repairs safely.  While it was an inconvenience for our customers, we kept our employees safe and minimized the downtime.  So many of our employees work just this way - maintaining service and emphasizing safety.  It is part of the Provo Way!  Thanks to all who work to keep our community safe and healthy, while still protecting our employees who are often in harm's way!  

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Barlow Ballet presents The Nutcracker I November 17 - November 20
Teen Dungeons & Dragons Club I November 18 6:30 pm
Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

"Effective Communication Skills -- The 10 Things You Need to Know"

https://smartbrief.tradepub.com/free/w_wiki16/prgm.cgi

The majority of jobs require employees to have good communication skills, so that they can express themselves in a positive and clear manner, both when speaking to people and in writing.

Communication is one of the main ingredients for corporate success, but the problem is that the phrase ‘good communication skills’ is a term so overused that it is difficult to pinpoint what it actually means.

This tips and tricks guide starts with explaining what communication skills are and the importance of them in the workplace. Then it will provide you with the top 10 communication skills and how to obtain each of them. This guide has everything you need to sharpen those skills. You won't want to miss out! 


FUN STUFF

While I have many fun memories of Thanksgiving Dinners, including my grandmother's chocolate pie that gave everyone in the family heartburn (of which fact my grandma was blissfully ignorant) I'm glad they never dissolved into this level of not so friendly dysfunction!




Hope you have a great day.  

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...