Wednesday, November 24, 2021

November 24, 2021 Update


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • There are many holiday service opportunities, and if you're not sure where to serve, be sure to check out which organizations have service opportunities in Utah County.
  • The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) launched their Cottonwood Canyons sticker program, a free and completely voluntary initiative is focused on increasing vehicle safety and preparedness by pre-inspecting tires for winter driving conditions.
  • Warm weather causing some issues for Utah ski resorts. For example, Park City Mountain has decided to delay its opening day.
  • Lehi City has announced that they will comply with the Biden vaccine mandate, their employees must be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing and masks.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

The results are in! It looks like stuffing and mashed potatoes are the crowd favorite, with Pie/Dessert coming in second. And poor brussels sprouts and carrots didn't make anyone's favorite Thanksgiving food.



UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

EMPLOYEE / DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHT

From our Parks and Recreation Department's Aspen Dalton:  We planned a Women in Parks and Recreation Leadership Summit and it went very well! Here is a photo with our Keynote speaker, Olympic Skier Shannon Bahrke. We were able to discuss the lack of female leadership in our industry, policies employers can implement for supporting mothers and mental health, and how to increase involvement of girls and women in sports and recreation.



FUN STUFF

This week's meme collection has a distinctive Thanksgiving flavor.  (See what I did there?) 😁














Thanks for all you do!  I hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend.  And I especially appreciate all of those who will be working on Thanksgiving away from their families to keep our community healthy and safe.  You are our heroes!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...