Monday, November 29, 2021

November 29, 2021 Update

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day celebration and some time with family and friends.  The Parkers enjoyed a busy Wednesday preparing and Thursday celebrating.  My grandson was excited to have ten pies for ten people.  Obviously, we sent some home with our visitors!  But it was great to have the family together.

We also enjoyed the roller coaster known as BYU football Saturday evening in Los Angeles.  It was an entertaining game, and BYU held off an aggressive USC team (who, by the way is getting a new and very high profile head coach).  And both women's and men's basketball teams at BYU and the women's soccer team had great wins this weekend.  All in all, a good week for BYU athletics.

On a side note, there are some amazing Christmas concerts coming up at the Covey Center - they are listed below.  If you want to get into the holiday spirit, there is no better way!

UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Joshua Creek Christmas I November 29 7:00 pm
Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 

Your Voice

One of the ideas that came through the earlier survey was the desire to make the update more interactive. So, today we are asking you to check out this section (on the right -->) where we will include polls and questions for you, as well as a form where you can highlight a coworker or tell us about what you do for the city! This can range from new babies or weddings to just wanting to give a shout-out to a fellow employee. Fill out the questions on the left, then upload pictures for us to share using the link below! We will post your responses in upcoming editions of the update.

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Wondering if you should worry about the new Omricon variant?  KSL has some answers.  
  • Last night was the first night of Hanukkah, the eight-night celebration of lights.  Here's everything you might want to know about this important holiday.  
  • Carrie Meek, the grandchild of a slave and a sharecropper's daughter who became one of the first Black Floridians elected to Congress since Reconstruction, died Sunday. She was 95. 
  • More childless U.S. adults say they’ll likely never have kids.   

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

HOT-BUTTON ITEMS IN PROVO

The City will be filling a couple of high profile executive positions tomorrow when the City Council considers two appointments for their advice and consent.  After an exhaustive regional search, we will be recommending a new police chief for Provo PD.  The announcement will be made tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. in the new - and under construction - public safety building.  And tomorrow evening, the Council will be considering advice and consent for the City's new city engineer.  So watch this space over the next couple of days as we introduce these two key members of Provo's management team!  I am personally quite excited about them and what they will bring to their new positions.

FUN STUFF

Time for a fun music cover.  I think you know I am a big Billy Joel fan, and I also loved watching Glee when it was in its heyday.  So this cover of Uptown Girl by the cast of Glee is worth a few minutes of rocking relaxation!




I hope you have a great day!  You are the ones that make it all happen!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...