Tuesday, November 30, 2021

November 30 2021 Update



We are delighted to introduce Fred Ross as Provo's next chief of police, subject to the advice and consent of the City Council this evening.  Chief Ross has been the chief of the Utah Transit Authority police department, worked at the University of Utah police department, and was a career officer and deputy chief in the Salt Lake City Police Department.  He has worked extensively with police officers and civilian employees in these three departments and also with the homeless communities, disability advocates and other key stakeholders.  He instituted Utah’s first partnership with the Center for Policing Equity, establishing a commitment to fair and transparent policing and investigations.

We are thrilled to welcome Chief Ross to Provo PD! 


UPCOMING CITY EVENTS

Ryan Shupe Christmas I November 30 7:30 pm
Learn It: Zentangle Holidays I December 1 7:00 pm
A Christmas Carol | December 02 - December 20
Light Up Christmas! I December 3 - December 4
Provo Christmas Market I December 4 4:00 pm
Utah Valley Handbell Ringers I December 6 6:00 pm
Teen Writer's Group I December 9 7:00 pm
Holiday Recipe Swap I December 11 1:00 pm
Countdown 2022 Party Animals I December 31 7:00 pm
The Alibis I February 7:30 pm 

NEWS YOU CAN USE

  • Today is Giving Tuesday! Find a way to give back today, there are some really great causes out there.
  • An estimated $63 billion will be spent shopping online this holiday season, giving porch pirates incentives to "Christmas shop" off your doorstep. Doorbell cameras aren't much of a deterrent, sadly. Better options are to schedule deliveries for a time someone will be home, require a signature for delivery or have packages delivered to an Amazon locker near you.   
  • If you haven't noticed, meat keeps getting more expensive — and you should probably get used to it
  • Several vehicles were shot at early this morning by a person in an SUV on I-15 between Nephi and Scipio. Two people were injured. The current whereabouts of the shooter are unknown. Stay safe out there.

PROVO SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUR VOICE

Have any exciting news? Birthdays, babies, weddings, fur-babies, graduations? Share about it in the section on the right --> and upload pics below!

UPLOAD PICTURES HERE!

TUESDAY TIP

"How To Form A New Habit In 10 Simple Steps"

https://smartbrief.tradepub.com/free/w_deaa11/ 

On a scale of one to ten, how sick are you of setting goals and falling short?

The key to achieving your goals—especially those big hairy ambitious goals that really matter to you—is to hammer away at them bit by bit, in small steps taken daily. Success, as the saying goes, is doing a few simple things really well everyday. To put it another way: when you know how to form a new habit that’s related to a goal you’re working towards, then you can see yourself inching closer to success through the actions you take on a daily basis.

And a new habit, once you’ve successfully installed it, is easy-peezy to execute because you’re doing it automatically without thinking about it, just like you drive your car and brush your teeth.

In this piece, Dean Bokhari shares 10 simple steps you can start implementing immediately towards forming any new habit you want.


FUN STUFF

Now I have seen everything.  I have watched bears catch salmon in a river, but a skater dude catching one after jumping in to a pond from a handrail is altogether new for me.  


Hope you have a great day.  And welcome to Chief Ross to the Provo team!

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Recent Posts

Wednesday May 11 2022 Update

Julie and I had an interesting experience last evening.  We were invited to attend a dinner to thank the many people and...